Two of the main things that motivate people – according to Drive by Daniel Pink – are mastery and autonomy. Mastery isn’t referring to perfection, but the continual improvement of our chosen skills and expertise. Meanwhile, autonomy motivates us by…Read More
Someone’s PR team has been doing some good media relations work in the last few weeks. We’re seeing a lot of reporting about what tools and tactics some employers are using to monitor (or, you know, spy on) their shirking…Read More
Values. Go to almost any business website, and you’ll probably find a section dedicated to the company’s core values. They may be keywords like equality, diversity, authenticity and empathy. But these values can also explain what the brand is committed…Read More
As businesses look for new ways to remain competitive, we’ll see more of them looking for ways to help employees become more efficient, healthy and focused. Employees won’t see flexibility as an optional extra anymore – they’re already starting to…Read More
We’re social people. We love people to come to our blog and leave comments. But we’ll moderate all the comments people leave here before we post them, and we won’t post any comments that contain spam, hate language, racism, homophobia, language that we wouldn’t want our mothers to read, or are abusive in any way.
- What can we do when everything’s a struggle?
- Supporting continued learning and development
- Want to monitor your employees? Guess what, you’re the problem!
- Why storytelling is more than a buzzword
- Focus management in uncertain times
- Creating achievable goals for 2020
- Do you put your money where your values are?
- Why we need to manage our news consumption
- How will workplaces evolve in the next 5 to ten years?
- Are paywalls the future of online news?